Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Capodimonte Museum, Naples

This morning we toured the Capodimonte Museum in Naples with a great guide. I was very glad we had a guide because the collection is quite large and she was able to point out and explain several of the highlights. Sadly, it was often impossible to get a good photo because the lighting caused a lot of glare so I have 'borrowed' photos of the paintings we saw from Wikipedia.

 

For example, The Madonna and Child and Two Angels by Botticelli (c 1470).

 

 

Sant'Eufemia by Andrea Mantegna (c 1454)

 

 

The Choice of Hercules by Annabale Carracci (c 1596)

 

 

The Misanthrope by Pieter Bruegel The Elder (c 1568)

 

 

Archangel Michael With Saints Gerome and James of the Marches and Two Donors by an unknown painter (c 1473-1476)

 

 

And this unusual one which I thought the guide called The Cherub Seller but I can't find any reference to a painting by that name on the internet.

 

 

However, I am not a huge fan of paintings. I much prefer clever three-dimensional items and beautiful ceilings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment